|Applications available online for 2017-2018||11/14/2016|
|Applications end for the lottery||03/28/2017|
|Enrollment Lottery at 10:00 a.m. for 2017-2018||03/31/2017|
|Hard copy results posted at high school entrance by 11:00 a.m.||03/31/2017|
|Lottery Results will be posted on our website by 09:00 a.m. (do not call the office for the results)||04/03/2017|
December 1, 2016, 5:30-6:30 – Preparing for High School at TMSA (for current 8th grade and parents)
K-8 info and tour sessions* for 2017-18 school year: Feb 9th and Mar 21st (both 5:30 to 6:30)
9-11 info and tour sessions* for 2017-18 school year: Jan 31st and Mar 23rd (both 5:30 to 6:30)
*No individual tours will be given.
If the number of applications exceeds the amount of openings in any grade level then the school will hold a lottery. Students already enrolled in the charter school are not required to re-enroll each year. Names or numbers will be randomly selected either by drawing or computer generated. When all slots have been filled, the charter school should continue the process until every name has been drawn. This process will determine the order of the waiting list. Multiple birth siblings will enter the lottery as one name or number. If that name or number is selected, then all of the multiple birth siblings shall be admitted. If an application comes to the school after the lottery process, the student is added to the bottom of the current waitlist.
Preference status entitles an applicant to be offered an available seat ahead of applicants without a preference status. Enrollment priority will be given to the following populations in the order listed:
- Children of employees and Board members will be given preference. By law, these students can amount to no more than 15% of the school’s total enrollment.
- Sibling preference will be granted to the siblings of currently enrolled students who were admitted in a previous school year. By law, a sibling also includes half siblings, stepsiblings, and children residing in a family foster home.
- If a lottery is needed and a student from the waitlist is then offered admission, their siblings are granted priority to the extent that space is available.
Once accepted, students must complete the enrollment process. If the enrollment is not completed within the given time period, the space may be lost and given to the next student on the waitlist. The following items are needed in order to complete the enrollment process at Triangle Math and Science Academy. If you do not have some of these documents available immediately, such as EOG test results or Kindergarten physical exam, you can bring them at a later time.
- Government issued photo ID for parent/guardian
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- NC proof of residency through utility bill, mortgage/lease document, etc.
- Immunization records
- Guardianship/custody papers, if applicable
- Most recent report card or transcript
- Standardized test scores such as EOG
- Kindergarten Physical Exam Form from the child’s physician (for kindergarten only)
- Documentation for homeschoolers, if applicable
- Any IEP, ESL, or 504 plans, if applicable